MOC 2020 Fundraiser
A donation to MOC is an investment in our local democracy.
When you support Marin Organizing Committee, you are investing in the involvement of regular citizens in the ongoing public discourse about the needs of our community. You are promoting leadership development in our civic organizations, congregations and schools. You are funding proactive work on the issues that matter to all of us: housing, immigration, mental healthcare, aging, and more. You are investing in direct action to improve our communities and make Marin County the kind of place we can all be proud to be part of.
In the past year alone, MOC:
- Won a county-wide eviction moratorium, providing critical protection to families who lost income because of the COVID-19 crisis.
- Successfully worked with the County to allocate $310,000 to Legal Aid of Marin to fund desperately needed legal services for low-income tenants and landlords in Marin.
- Held our first public action with our state senator, Mike McGuire — a virtual assembly with over 300 leaders, where Senator McGuire committed to work with us to keep affordable housing affordable, support relief for renters, and extend Telehealth reimbursement for low-income families and seniors.
- Worked with our sister IAF organizations across the state to expand the California Earned Income Tax Credit (Cal-EITC) to people who file taxes without a social security number, making thousands of immigrant families eligible who were excluded from the CARES Act and other COVID relief efforts.
- Organized more than 50 research actions to discern how we can act together to expand affordable housing, increase renter protections, support those who are aging, and improve mental healthcare for youth in our community.
- And in just 6 days in November, we mobilized over 700 people to write letters, speak during public comment, and sign a petition in support of Project Homekey — resulting in the Marin Board of Supervisors’ unanimous vote to purchase two buildings and create over 70 units of new permanent supportive housing.
Check out this video to see some MOC leaders' reflections on our work together this year:
You can give online using the form below, or mail a check to:
369B Third Street #333
San Rafael, CA 94901
Please address checks or DAF contributions to Bay Area Organizing Committee, our legal name.
Our tax I.D. number is 68-0232705